Abortion impacts women on an emotional, physical, spiritual, and psychological level. Many times, women experience Post Abortion Syndrome, a form of PTSD. Most women who have experienced abortion have never talked openly about their experience and are unaware that counseling services specific to PAS are available.
At Full Circle, we offer these services through a program called OAKS Post Abortion Recovery. Our leaders have experienced abortion and are highly trained to understand its effects. No matter how recent or how far in the past, abortion affects women in a unique way. At Full Circle, we are equipped to walk with women of all ages, races, and social statuses step by step through the healing process.
The OAKS program guides women to freedom and healing from their past abortion choice. All meetings, discussion, and member information is 100% confidential.
So how do you know if OAKS is right for you? Take the following quiz to find out.
- Do you feel reluctant to talk about the subject of abortion, or do you feel guilt, anger, or sorrow when discussing your own abortion?
- Do you tend to think of your life in terms of “before” and “after” the abortion?
- Do you have lingering feelings of resentment or anger toward people involved in your abortion decision?
- Have you found yourself either avoiding relationships or becoming overly dependent on them since the abortion?
- Have you begun to increase the use of drugs or alcohol since the abortion, or do you have an eating disorder?
- Have you felt a vague sort of emptiness, a deep sense of loss, or had prolonged periods of depression?
- Do you sometimes have nightmares or flashbacks relating to the abortion?
If you answered “yes” to 2 or more of these assessment questions, you may be struggling with PAS. OAKS is designed to help you address these points and many more. Text us confidentially for more information at (423)405-3569 or email Wendy@fullcircleforwomen.org.
ALL CONTACT, CONVERSATIONS, AND QUESTIONS ARE 100% CONFIDENTIAL.
See our Privacy Practices here.